Thursday 17 September 2015

My Dream Place...



Looking at this picture, I'm sure all of you know it. Yeah, it is none other than the tall and beautiful Paris Eiffel Tower!!! Paris is also known as the city of love which is being visited by many people around world. I don't know why but I'm just so in love with this place and badly want to visit it in future. Hehe. It can be described as my dream place too. Most of us know that it is one of the world's wonders and it's famous, but I don't think we might know its great history. What's the mystery behind this tall tower? 

So, let's check out some fascinating facts about Eiffel Tower.  

The Eiffel Tower is an iron lattice tower located on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. Eiffel Tower was named after the engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. It is 324 metres (1,063 ft) tall, about the same height as an 81-storey building and weighs 10,100 tonnes. The tower was started to be built on January 28, 1887 and was completed on March 31, 1889. It was the tallest man-made structure for 41 years, until the completion of Chrysler Building in New York in 1930. It is possible to climb to the top, but there are 1,665 steps. Most people take the lift. Surprisingly, the tower shrinks by about 6 inches during cold weather. Repainting the tower every year, which happens every seven years, requires 60 tonnes of paint. Wow, that's a really large amount I guess. Furthermore, there are 20,000 lightbulbs used on the Eiffel Tower to make it sparkle every night.  


View from the top of the Eiffel Tower
Restaurant in the Eiffel Tower

The tower has three levels for visitors, with restaurants for the first and second. The third level observatory's platform is 276m (906 ft) above the ground, the highest accessible to the public in the European Union. Today, the tower welcomes almost 7 million people a year, making it the most visited paid-for monument in the world. The tower received it 250 millionth visitor in 2010.  

By now, I think you will be shocked and mesmerized with the interesting facts behind this tower. So, you couldn't possibly visit Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower. Even if you do no want to visit this world famous structure, you will see its top from all over Paris. Therefore, don't miss the chance to visit it. 

Finally, I guess that's all I wanted to share about my dream place. I hope my dream will come true one day. It will be even sweet if I could visit it with my love. I love you Eiffel Tower!!! Je'taime le tour eiffel <3 










No comments:

Post a Comment